Andre Douglas ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.
Hometown: Newark, New Jersey
Major: English – Creative Writing
Activities on Campus: Volunteering, Tutoring High School and College Students, Working, Singing, and Reading

What is your favorite thing about F&M? The best part about F&M is the family feeling that you get from the students and professors here. I can honestly say that I have made some of my strongest bonds and relationships here at this college as well as received more support and love than what I could ever ask for from others.

You work a lot with non-profits. What is your favorite part of this work? My favorite part of the work is getting to see the people I help accomplish their goals. Just this past month, one of the kids whom I have helped with his college essays got into 4 out of 7 of his colleges. He is still waiting to hear back from his other ones.

Favorite Quote:I could hear my heart beating. I could hear everyone’s heart. I could hear the human noise we sat there making, not one of us moving, not even when the room went dark.” – Raymond Carver, What We Talk About When We Talk About Love

Song you are jamming to right now? Lay Me Down by Sam Smith is always on my playlist. It calms me down and I like to belt the notes out when i’m driving in my car.

Finals survival tip? The best way to survive finals is to bug your professor with any question you might have. Professors want their students to succeed and will help in any way possible. 

Ben or John? I would definitely choose Ben. He followed his own dreams even though others thought he was crazy at times. That’s true inspiration right there.
I am currently a senior at Franklin and Marshall College in the picturesque city of Lancaster, PA. I am a Spanish and History major and I'm excited to be a writer for HerCampus F&M. I love finding new and interesting ways to design nails and always share it with others. I also love all things of adventurous and exotic natures, stories, art, and cute boys (let's not forget what we really are checking on HerCampus).
Along with being the Her Campus Franklin and Marshall Campus Correspondent, I am also the editor-in-chief of Epilogue, F&M's literary Magazine, Staff Writer for The College Reporter, F&M's student newspaper, and a very active member of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity. When not hard at work, you can find me writing, reading, geeking out over Disney movies with my friends, or doing art projects.