5 Albums To Listen To While Studying

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

Although it has never been officially proven that listening to music helps when trying to study, I think it’s safe to say that we all enjoy tuning into our favorite Spotify playlist while we tackle a big project or essay.  Here are five chill albums that will surely help you in your late night studying endeavors.

1. For Emma, Forever Ago – Bon Iver

Bon Iver’s debut album is sure to put you in the mood to read some Hemingway and tackle a big term paper.  The album was even written while lead singer, Justin Vernon, was holed up in a big cabin for the winter.  So grab a cup of tea and get ready to work.

2.  Kid A – Radiohead

Known as one of the best albums of all time, Kid A is a break from Radiohead’s classic instrumental feel, and a return to their electronic roots.  Thom Yorke’s hauntingly nostalgic voice and orchestral masterpiece makes this a great album to chill out to while preparing for an upcoming exam.

3.  Salad Days – Mac Demarco

Mac Demarco is a hit on all college campuses right now, so why not listen to one of his chillest albums while studying on Hartman?  Although his style has been described as “slacker rock”, I think we all can agree that his music doesn’t slack on putting us in a good mood.  

4. Let’s Dance Raw – Shintaro Sakamoto

This rising Japenese rock artist is sure to put you in the mood to finish that impending term paper you have yet to start.  His latest album is an immersive blend of Hawaiian steel guitar and Brazilian cuica, resulting in a musical blend just as reminiscient of the late 90’s as it is the early 60’s.  

5.  Worship The Sun – Allah Las

This second full length release from L.A. garage psych revivalists, Allah Las, is sure to get your mind into the perfect mood to study.  With an electic range of instrumental and vocal songs, this album transports you to the 60’s in Venice Beach, only more relaxing.  

Tori Shaw is a student at Franklin & Marshall College majoring in Cognitive Science and Creative Writing. She aspires to be an intellectual property lawyer and poet someday, and is currently the Co-Campus Correspondent for F&M's Her Campus chapter.