10 Things Every F&M Student Should Be Thankful For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

10 Things Every F&M Student Should Be Thankful For:

1. Lancaster

We have a lot to be thankful for living in Lancaster. From the rolling farm land on the other side of town to our charming downtown, Lancaster is our home away from home.

2. Common Hour

Not many schools are blessed to have so many guest speakers at their fingertips. Whether you just go for the free pizza, Common Hour is a special part off our college.

3. Ben and John

Ben and John in those mascot costumes always puts a smile on my face and I’m thankful for the people who brave those suits to portray our founders. But we also should be thankful for them founding such a great school!

4. Hartman Green

We walk across Hartman everyday and it brings our campus together every year.

5. CVS

I can’t count the number of times CVS has saved me. From having the perfect nail polish color to television cords to having the best snack food, CVS is always there for F&M students in a pinch.

6. Our diverse student body

Our student body comes from all over. We are lucky to have such a community and that we all come together!

7. All the restaurants and coffee shops around campus

Iron Hill, Fresh Farms, Mean Cup, Oka, Bagel Shop…just to name a few…have been there for a good time, for a study session, and to help you out after a long night. You swear by the sweet potato fries at Iron Hill and always must have a bagel on Sunday.

8. Kieper (and all the other academic buildings)

We hate those chairs in Kieper or the stairs in Stager, but our academic buildings are home to many of our classes or club meetings. We’ve stressed and laughed in these buildings, and I’m sure we all will come back years from now just to see what has happened to old Kieper.

9. Faculty and Staff

We have some of the smartest and most caring professors. But also we have some of the best staff from the Sodexo workers to office staff!

10. President Porterfield

Let’s be honest, we are pretty fortunate to have such a passionate President! He tweets and sends birthday messages on Facebook, and even has ice cream in his office.

Thanks F&M!

I am currently a senior at Franklin and Marshall College in the picturesque city of Lancaster, PA. I am a Spanish and History major and I'm excited to be a writer for HerCampus F&M. I love finding new and interesting ways to design nails and always share it with others. I also love all things of adventurous and exotic natures, stories, art, and cute boys (let's not forget what we really are checking on HerCampus).
Along with being the Her Campus Franklin and Marshall Campus Correspondent, I am also the editor-in-chief of Epilogue, F&M's literary Magazine, Staff Writer for The College Reporter, F&M's student newspaper, and a very active member of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity. When not hard at work, you can find me writing, reading, geeking out over Disney movies with my friends, or doing art projects.