This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

With the release of her new video ‘Style’ and her recent stunning Grammy reception, Taylor Swift and her impeccable fashion sense is all everybody is talking about, and here at Her Campus we are no different. Not only has Taylor helped us get through all those heartaches and just ‘Shake It Off’, but she has also become one of our number one style icons with her ever changing looks which never fail to impress or dazzle.

In honour of Taylor’s impeccable taste, we decided to take a look at some of her different styles over the years, and there are many! With an outfit for every look and mood, which Taylor trend are you rocking?

Countrify it

Before her red lipstick and ‘Starbucks lovers days, Taylor Swift was a country girl through and through. Her casual and comfy style was complete with cowboy boots and long luscious curly locks, which often fell around cute print sun dresses, with a finishing splash of denim. This look gave her an undeniably simple and sunny style which perfectly reflected her early songs, such as ‘Our Song and ‘Tim McGraw. Here at Her Campus, we always have time for summer dresses and denim jackets, and we think Taylor looked unbelievably cute in her countryfied summer style.

If you can’t get enough of floaty frocks and leather boots, you are keeping it simple and stylish like country Taylor.

Its a Love Story

In 2008, Taylor rose to fame as her hit single ‘Love Story soon became a much played favourite; thrusting her into the limelight. With new found fame, TV performances, tours and award shows, Taylor soon left the country and its rolling hills behind her, trading it in for the bustling urban city scene. She swapped her cowboy boots for high heels and her summer dresses for dazzling gowns. With gorgeous glitzy dresses, adorned with sparkles and sequins, Taylor truly looked like a princess, becoming the Juliette of her hit song, where the love story between us and those gorgeous princess inspired dresses began.

If you love nothing more than getting dressed up with glitter and sequins, you are red carpet royalty, just like glittering glamorous Taylor.

The Best Thing That’s Ever Been Mine

In 2010, Taylor went on to release her third album ‘Speak Now, and although she was still a pop princess at heart, her style once more evolved as she turned away from the regal look and instead chose to rock a more subtle urban style. Taylor showed her sassy side with cute, short dresses that gave her girly style, a slight edge.

If you love nothing more than wearing a little red dress with some cute accessories, then you are making Sparks Fly, just like flirty fearless Taylor.

Red

In 2012 her album ‘Red came out, marking a huge change in both her music career and in her style. If there were any traces left of her country beginnings before then, they completely disappeared in 2012 when Taylor showcased her cutting edge city style. Her curly locks straightened out and her infamous ‘red lips’ were born, giving her a new bold and undeniably fierce look. Taylor, we knew you were trouble from the start but you completely stole our hearts with this on trend and eye catching look.

If you are rocking snazzy shorts, statement t-shirts and striking accessories, then you are making an on trend statement, just like city chic Taylor.

She Never Goes Out Of Style

Finally in 2014, Taylor released her most successful album yet; 1989. While teaching the world to ‘Shake it Off, she also taught us she has a never ending amount of style as she broke our hearts with the devastatingly gorgeous outfits and dresses she wore in the fabulous ‘Blank Space video. Complete with ravishing gowns, adorable dresses and classic cute shorts, she wowed us with her elegance and sophistication, showing herself to be nothing less than a style sensation, proving that she really is dressed like a daydream

If you are all about the elegant evening gowns and love to dress to impress in luxurious lace, then you are radiant, just like red carpet ready Taylor. 

Photo Credits:

uk.pinterest.com

Bethany is a third year english student studying at Exeter University and is the Fashion and Beauty Editor for Exeter's chapter of Her Campus. In between shopping for the latest trends and reading the latest celebrity gossip and fashion news, she enjoys working out and improving on her fitness. Bethany is also a keen photographer, often seen snapping photos of the night sky and friends. She dreams of travelling the world and discovering its couture, food and sites, and ultimately becoming a successful writer.