The Ultimate Student Sin of Library PDA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

** Disclaimer I am not a relationship hating spinster **

So your life is going great. You’re at the University of Exeter, you’re enjoying uni life, so much so that you’ve met a new boy, he’s smart, cute, funny, your mum likes him and things are getting serious…..

Everyone is feeling great for you, we at Her Campus thrive on happiness – really we do. No one is raining on your parade until you commit the ultimate library faux pas, worse than eating crisps, far FAR worse than having your phone on loud and vibrate. I would even go as far to say worse than the ultimate library sin of putting your bag on a table and then leaving.

I am referring to the atrocity that is Library PDA.

So let’s just imagine, exams week, tensions are running high. I’m frantically trying and failing to memorise quotes and context. It’s going disastrously, so to calm myself down I take a break and gaze out the Forum library window, but something isn’t quite right.

Something is distinctly bothering me, and then I see it. 

Small and inconspicuous at first, a light stroke here and there, but these small innocent touches begin to become more obvious and increasing in passion.  I have witnessed, to my horror, nuzzling into each other’s necks, massages, full frontal snogging.

Stop, stop, stop, stop, stop!

Maybe they are encouraging and rewarding each other for their good work? Which is cute and sweet right? No, no it is not. This type of activity is not appropriate when you are in the library surrounded by students! Save it for the bedroom!

Little do they know that their public displays of affection are extremely obvious, disruptive and a complete breech of human sanity! I am a firm believer in there being a time and a place for everything and PDA in the library is no exception!

So this is a friendly and firm reminder to all of you library lovers to think twice when you caress your darling boyfriend on the cheek, because if you are in the library then someone will be watching and judging you. Maybe even somebody like me…

photo credit: thegloss.com, tumblr.com, cvholympian.com

Studying English, third year.