This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

As we settle down into our Exeter bubble, it’s easy to forget about the rest of the world. Here at Her Campus, we have collated what we think are the best travel blogs on the web to inspire you to get out there. If you are planning a trip, looking for ideas, or just want to have a look at some incredible places, take a look at these blogs!

1. Travelettes –

The Travelettes are a group of girls that live all over the world and share their travel adventures, advice and experiences together on this blog. Recent articles include “100 things I wish I had known before travelling”, “The Traveletes top 10 dates around the world”, and tips on how to stay healthy on the road, along with monthly Instagram challenges of the best travelling photographs. Their tag line is ‘backpacking in high heels’ (they’re not actually in high heels all the time, but occasionally!) There’s a little bit of everything in this girlie blog.

Check it out here!

2. World tour stories –

A favourite travel blog of Her Campus, World tour stories, is written by Alex and Taru, a couple who met in 2009 and decided to pack up their lives in Barcelona and sail around the world together. Four years later and four continents visited; South America is their next adventure. You can spend hours on this blog, the photographs are amazing, and Taru is an incredible cook, so lots of her posts are of her trying new recipes (amazing what you can do in a tiny ‘galley’). She also uploads monthly playlists of what they are listening to aboard – very easy listening!

Check it out here!

3. Vicky flip-flop travels –

Vicky’s flip-flop travels is a bit different from most blogs because Vicky actually has a full time job in England; she just really makes the most of her holidays! She says “You don’t have to choose between your career and your passport,” and she’s right; she has managed to travel to a whopping 36 countries since she’s started. When she’s at home, she focuses on advice for student travellers, and when she’s away it’s all photographs and tales of what she’s been up to. She is also a huge fan of festivals, so there’s lots of blogging on Europe’s best!

Check it out here!

4. Travelling shopaholic –

The Travelling shopaholic combines many girls’ favourite things: travel and shopping. Jayne Gorman, the writer, is a self-confessed travelling shopaholic. She travels around the world making shopping city guides; which include where to find the best bargains, vintage shops and markets, along with recommendations of the more luxurious spots! Check out her ‘stylish places to stay’ section if you want to drool. She also gives great money saving travel tips.

Check it out here!

5. Mygola

Saving the most useful until last, Mygola is a website, blog and App which holds the largest collection of travel itineraries, written by people all around the world, in the world. When you go on the website you are asked “Where do you want to go?” (you can literally type in anywhere!) and up pops other peoples’ itineraries and recommendations of what to do there. It’s perfect for ideas if you’re planning a trip somewhere, but also if you just fancy casting your mind back to your favourite place. You can choose the amount of days you want to search for (they have really good 36 hour city guides), and what type of trip you fancy (adventure, beach, romantic etc) to narrow your search.

A very useful website! Visit it here.

Picture credits: www.pinterest.com, www.worldt…www.travellingshopaholic.comwww.blogopendns.comwww.travelettes.net

Lucy studies BA Geography with some Politics and Business on the side. She joined HCX this year to write for the Travel section.