This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

With the start of a New Year we know it can be hard to stick to all those resolutions you’ve set for yourself, but the most important resolution in our books is to de-stress and worry less. That’s why at HCX we’ve picked the best, not to mention free, apps so that you can at least fulfil one pesky resolution!  

1. Momentum

This Google Chrome app keeps you focused; every time you open a new tab the page comes up with your daily tasks forcing you to think twice about entering Facebook into the search bar. Throw in stunning landscape backgrounds and inspirations that change daily and you’ve got a winner! 

Download Momentum here

2. Save My Degree

The name says it all really. You’ve been avoiding deadlines and using any excuse to watch ALL the seasons on Netflix, but now you worry failure is on the horizon. Worry not, Collegiettes, this handy app will help you stay on track and kick the Netflix addiction. 

Download Save My Degree on the App Store

3. Sleep Cycle

This handy app analyses your sleep patterns so that you can be woken up during your lightest part of your sleep cycle. Say goodbye to being rudely awoken from a deep slumber and prepare to become a morning person in no time. 

Download Sleep Cycle here

4. Calm

You know you have an 8:30 lecture tomorrow and are mentally calculating how much or how little sleep you’re getting, but you find yourself still awake… With Calm you can play relaxing ambient noise to send you off to sleep, or try out their short meditation routines to get you feeling Zen.

Download Calm here

5. Wunderlist

So it’s the final term before exam season and the to-do lists are starting to pile up. Perhaps so much so that you’re losing track of them. At HCX, we stay organised by keeping all our lists in one place, and with this app you’ll always know what’s next on your list. 

Download Wunderlist here

Jamie is in her last year at the University of Exeter where she studies French, Spanish and Portuguese. Having grown up all over the world from Kenya to Australia Jamie is passionate about all things travel. She spent her year abroad writing for a travel company in Barcelona and is keen to share her knowledge of amazing destinations from the best brunch spots to hidden gems.