The Perfect Winter Gym Look

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Exeter campus is the home of sportswear. Everywhere you look you’re likely to see someone in a sporting lycra across campus, but let’s face it – not all of us really like heading to the gym at 6am before lectures. Nevertheless, if there is one thing which will motivate us to get out of bed before sunrise it is the chance to model some new sportswear. You might not have a university sports team logo but that won’t to stop you looking super cute at the gym.

1. Layer Up

Autumn’s number one rule applies for sportswear too. Layering a loose fitting T-shirt under a zip up jacket is practical and flattering. Plus you’ll be able to peel off those layers whilst working out to avoid overheating.

1. The Sports Coat

Luckily for us, this winter the padded coat is right on trend for your trek up to the sports park. If a full on puffer jacket has you feeling like the Michelin man, try a gillet instead to keep your core warm

1. The Sports Bra

You’re not going to be able to get a good work out unless you know you’ve got everything under control. Sport tops are generally revealing (especially this winter’s trend of having wide armpit slips and no backs), so chances are your bra will be showing. Splash out on some colour or patterns, but most importantly make sure it is supportive!

1. Make Leg Day Count

You might be all about the shorts but during the colder months leggings are essential. Tight black trousers never go out of fashion and are super slimming especially if paired with a pair of classic dark trainers.

1. The statement top

Loose fitting vests with wide armpit slits and bold patterns are right on trend at the moment. Opt for a longer length for a more flattering fit and wear under a thermal top to avoid getting cold on the walk up to the gym.

1. Accessorize

Maybe not wear your favourite drop earrings on the treadmill, but a cute watch and a statement gym bag go a long way to completing that perfect gym look!