HCX Review: Propercorn over Popcorn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Love a tastey treat but can’t shake the calorie guilt? We have a fabulous recommendation

The Fitness team at HCX were more than happy to get our foodie paws on some of these goodies. Propercorn is a fairly new kid on the snack block, and offers an exotic mix of flavours of low-calorie, light, popcorn snack bags. If you’re looking for something a bit different to throw into your uni tupperware that’s also as light as a feather on your waistline, read on for the HCX verdict on all the flavours Propercorn has to offer!

Fiery Worchester Sauce and Sundried Tomato:

“I love that it’s a low calorie snack and neatly packaged, perfect for when you’re on the go. It’s got that crunch that all crisp lovers crave, making it a great alternative. However, this flavour isnt for the faint hearted! Personally the spice was too much for me to finish the whole bag. My friends didn’t mind that, as I was more than willing to share!” – Becky

Vanilla and coconut:

“This isn’t exactly a combination you would expect for popcorn, especially not healthy popcorn that clocks in at less than 110 cals! But once you start eating it you can’t stop! It it’s incredibly addictive, but healthy enough that you don’t need to feel guilty about it! What more can a girl want?”- Lena

Lightly Salted:

“Absolutely delicious. Light, low-calorie and not covered in salt, it makes a perfect afternoon snack. I definitely prefer this to the normal popcorn in the cinema.”- Rebecca

Sour Cream And Chive:

“A fabulous savoury snack under 100 calories, completely guilt free. Satisfied my craving for something naughty completely!”- Aimee

Sweet and Salty:

“Normally I’m a sweet rather than a salty kind of girl, so I was hoping that the salt wouldn’t override the sweetness of this flavour. However, this wasn’t the case at all – the flavours somehow managed to blend perfectly into one, unique taste. Perfect for a 4pm pick-me-up!” – Georgia

*image @birchbox.co.uk