HCX Luxury Hotel of the week: Cocoa Island by Como

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

This private island, known locally as Makunufushi is located in the Maldives. The resort is made up of varying accommodation options, including 33 individual oversea suites, which are designed to resemble archipelago’s serene soul.

Inspired by the dhoni boats used by local fishermen and each with their own private terrace, the unique dhoni suites are connected to Cocoa Island. They allow you to dive straight into the shallow serene turquoise lagoon and are decorated with local rustic accents.

The luxury resort aims to tailor your experience to your requirements such as organising trips to neighbouring islands. Cocoa Island offers a range of cuisines with possibilities of private dining experiences, dining by the infinity pool or in their restaurants.

If winning over 25 awards, including one for the sexiest bedroom in the world, didn’t add this to your travel lust-list than the complimentary sunrise and sunset yoga classes (amongst other wellness treatments available) certainly should.

This resort also has a coral propagation project called reefseekers where anyone can sponsor frames that aim to increase the coral’s biodiversity and growth by providing a substrate for the coral to grow on and the project also provides jobs for locals.

So whilst relaxing on this amazing island you are also helping a fundamental and fragile ecosystem. If you want to understand the marine life better, there are weekly discussions that may take your fancy and they offer some of the best diving in the Indian Ocean.

Whether you want to be lying in the sun, snorkelling over the coral reefs or engaging in marine discussion, this resort offers something for everyone.  We love everything about this idyllic private island resort and cannot wait until we can relax and soak up some sun this summer.

Photo credits:

www.pinterest.com

Culture EditorCurrently studying Biological Sciences in my third and final year at the University of Exeter. I love adventures and exploring the world around me so I'm trying to squeeze as much fun into this stressful time - you only get one life!