HCX Campus Cutie: George Buchan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

We all know that Sporting Societies tend to be associated with excessive drinking, led by their respective social secs. We were therefore intrigued to hear that shooting social sec George Buchan was undertaking Dry January and couldn’t resist interviewing him for the first Campus Cutie of the term!

Name: George Buchan

Year: Second

Course: International Relations and Theology

Why have you decided to take on the challenge of Dry January?

Lets just say alcohol was interfering with my studies.

As organiser of many fantastic socials, we are all intrigued to know, what is your ideal date?

Personally I don’t think you can beat a romantic movie followed by pizza and wine at Firehouse, although not until February, of course!

Would you prefer a Blonde or Brunette to accompany you on such a date?

I’m more of a blonde man myself.

What has been your most disastrous dating experience?

I once took a girl out and, thinking it had gone well, called to arrange a 2nd meeting. Feeling pretty excited, I turned up a little early and waited outside the restaurant for her. I needn’t have been so polite as half an hour later she still hadn’t turned up! I had been properly ditched! 

To support George’s dry January effort visit this page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1551812975062251/?ref=ts&fref=ts