HCX Campus Celebrity:Charlotte Clark

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

This week we found out who next year’s HCX President is – Mathematics and English Literature student Charlotte Clark! We caught up with her to see what she has planned for Her Campus in 2015/6!

Firstly, congratulations on becoming HCX President 2015/6! How did you feel when you found out you got the position?

So excited, I haven’t stopped smiling all week! Her Campus has been such a big part of my University Life so far, so I was thrilled as well as extremely grateful to take on a this role in the society.

Why did you want to be HCX President?

I really enjoyed being Deputy for the Fashion and Beauty Team this year and really wanted to get even more involved in Exeter’s Chapter.

What plans do you have for Her Campus next year?

Well the committee have done an amazing job this year so I hope to continue their hard work. I feel there is so much talent in the team. I really want to acknowledge those dedicated writers by introducing a few competitions for commitment to the chapter as well as articles receiving the highest viewings. Also continue having a large variety of socials, team and inter-team so members can become more integrated as a team. HCX is also great experience for girls who are interested in writing as a career. I would like to keep an eye out for journalism events such as Vogue festival that we could attend as a team, either for fun or to become more informed about the magazine industry.

What would you say to anyone considering joining Her Campus next year?

Join! It was literally the best decision I made when I joined University. Everyone is really friendly and welcoming. I know when you think of anything to do with magazines or fashion, Devil Wears Prada crosses your mind but HCX is not at all like that. It is a great place to meet friendly, smart and driven girls who all share a passion for marketing or writing. It is great experience if you are interested in careers such as journalism, management or marketing. The socials, which normally involve cocktails or cupcakes, are really fun too, especially our end of term Balls.

What else do you get up to at Exeter?

Admittedly quite a lot of my time is spent browsing HCX or reading other fashion magazines, but I am quite a fan of the girly cocktail night so have spent many evenings sampling the nice bars in Exeter. I have recently taken up climbing which is really fun; it is a nice break from work and a great workout. I also love running by the quay (especially when it is sunny) and experimental healthy baking, I am addicted to banana bread at the moment!

2nd Year History Student