Five Most Buzzworthy Events From Fashion Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

With four fashion weeks in some of the world’s most glamorous cities the last month has come to be known collectively as Fashion Month. Although the fashion shows remain the centre of attention, the celebrities and events surrounding the haute couture draw almost as much attention. Here we’re rounding up some of the cultural happenings from New York to Paris, going from inevitable to full-on jaw dropping shocks.

5. Naomi Campbell’s Drama

Known fashion diva, Naomi Campbell, starts the list off with her attention-stealing but not unexpected behaviour at both London and Paris Fashion Week. She arrived mid-way through the Burberry show, with neither an explanation nor apology in sight. Take note of the fashion icon’s confidence but maybe don’t stride into lectures nonchalantly at half past!

This wasn’t Naomi’s only Fashion Month drama, the supermodel also made the headlines after a rumoured catfight with fellow model Cara Delevingne. However the pair have now both denied the rumours about the fight, which was allegedly over Cara disrespecting Rihanna and ended with pushing and weave pulling. Lesson learnt: there’s never a dull moment when you are a fashion diva!

[pagebreak]

4. Kendall and Cara at Chanel’s Bar

Where else would we expect to find the fashionable BFFs! Working hard or hardly working the two made the Parisian café runaway look oh so good! Stocked with the essentials (champagne, coffee, pastries, eggs and freshly squeezed juices) Karl Lagerfeld created the ultimate dream café: Chanel, It-girls and brunch!

[pagebreak]

3. Hot Dudes Reading (for a cause!!)

If you haven’t followed this instagram account take note now! @Hotdudesreading is just as glorious as it sounds combining hot guys, books and witty captions.

The account is stepping up its game: now not only benefiting your instagram feed, but also providing books for children through donations to the First Book Organisation, by the end of Fashion Month. So girls get following and using #HotDudesReadingForACause to spread the word and enjoy some eye candy to get you through deadline season!

[pagebreak]

2. Kim and Jared’s Bleached Makeovers

Not one but two sudden bleach crops appeared at the Balmain show in Paris dropping jaws everywhere. Kim and Jared Leto both ditched their signature looks to go platinum! Jared’s lack of luscious locks and sunglasses left him nearly unrecognisable; Kim on the other hand was more conspicuous sparking a paparazzi firestorm on a level excessive even for the selfie loving reality star.

[pagebreak]

1.   Zoolander Walk-off at Valentino

A sequel to Zoolander was announced in the most fashionable way possible with Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson appearing in character as Derek Zoolander and Hansel on the Valentino runway. The pair snagged a selfie with the woman of Fashion herself, Anna Wintour, before taking to the runway in the ultimate walk-off. That’s how you announce a sequel in style!

Final year student at Exeter studying English.