mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Dream Post-Exam Getaways

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Exams are finally over and it’s time to escape the library and start planning some epic summer getaways. Stuck for inspiration? Here are our dream destinations for summer 2017!

Sri Lanka

Not only is this small nation known for breath-taking views and luxurious beaches, it is also packed with historical sites and bountiful rainforests. Visit the rock temples and national parks scattered across the islands to experience the culture and beauty of the island. If you’re looking to head to Asia, but want to avoid the tourist traps of Thailand, Sri Lanka may be perfect for you!

Kenya

If you’re an animal lover, a safari holiday to Africa is probably on your bucket list. Head to Kenya between July and October to witness zebra, wildebeest and gazelle migrate across the plains – an experience you’re not likely to forget soon! But there’s much more to Kenya than just safaris. From Indian Ocean beaches to scenic forests, there’s plenty to explore and something for everyone.

Belize

When you imagine paradise, it probably looks something like Belize. The small country is less well known than many other Carribean locations, giving you a chance to experience the real local culture. Belize has a barrier reef where you can dive or snorkel, while history fans can explore the Mayan ruins. Alternatively, you can simply relax with a rum cocktail on one of the many beautiful beaches.

I am a fourth year student reading for a degree in English with History and Middle Eastern Studies. When I'm not busy writing essays, I love fleeing campus and exploring anywhere and everywhere. My favourite place in the world (other than Exeter, of course) is Iquitos in South America.