Don’t Make Winter Blues Your Skincare Blues

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Winter can play havoc to your skin, which makes updating your winter skincare routine vital. From chapped lips to chapped hands, the cold weather results in all skin types becoming more sensitive. We’ve come up with a list of beauty brands suitable for sensitive skin, in order to help you keep your skin looking lustre, healthy and hydrated in the coldest season.

1. No 7 Makeup and Skincare

No 7 is a beauty brand exclusive to Boots which caters specifically for the most sensitive of skins. All of their products from their makeup to their skincare lines are hypo-allergenic, which means that they have been formulated to be allergy free. (Hypoallergenic is a key beauty buzzword to watch out for when looking for sensitive skin products!) No 7’s Beautiful Skin Radiance Exfoliator is perfect for removing dead skin cells and keeping your skin flake-free. For makeup lovers, the No 7 Matte Lip Crayon is a lightweight, moisturising product, suitable for those of us who want to keep our lips hydrated with a wash of colour to add to our look.

2. Simple Skincare

Simple’s skincare range is designed for sensitive skin, and their moisturiser’s are perfect for keeping your skin smooth and supple this winter. You can choose from their Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser or their Kind To Skin Replenishing Rich Moisturiser. You could even use the light moisturiser in the day and the rich moisturiser at night to amp up the hydration.

3. Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

What you use to remove your makeup is just as important as the products you use to cleanse, tone and moisturise your skin. The Garnier Micellar Water is hypo-allergenic and perfect for removing makeup from eyes, skin and lips. Micellar water has been popular in the beauty world for a while now, and it’s clear to see why. It is more effective at removing makeup than makeup wipes, leaving you with a clean base to continue your skincare routine.

4. Aveeno

Aveeno body lotions relieve dry to very-dry skin, offering long lasting hydration, protection and care. It can be easy to forget to keep our hands moisturised, leaving them chapped and dry. Aveeno’s hand lotion is great for keeping hands smooth in the winter days. Their shower creams are also perfect for sensitive skin, particularly for those who need fragrance-free products.

5. Garnier Moisture Bomb Range

Garnier’s new moisture bomb range is the bomb for rich, nourishing skincare. The products in the range include the 3 in 1 Day Cream, Moisture Bomb Night Cream and the best of all (at least in our opinion!) Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask. The day and night creams provide amazing hydration and contain Plant Serum to really increase the effects of the moisturiser. What really works for dry and sensitive skin, however, is the Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask. It provides up to a week’s worth of serum hydration, which means that using one tissue mask a week reduces the need to apply serum daily. This also reduces the amount of products you’ll need to use in a day, which is a plus for us lazy girls who prefer a quick and faff-free skincare routine.