This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

The Cosy Club

This location says it all in the name, where better to go when it’s freezing outside than somewhere with ‘cosy’ in the name! It is Exeter’s best-kept secret, with it’s bar designed like a surgery table this quirky setting is great to grab a few of their delicious cocktails and relax.  

Movie Marathon

Maybe you want to escape the winter weather and organise a night in. Slip your pjs on and cosy up on the sofa together with an array of Christmas movies. If he’s willing to sit through endless Christmas chick flicks (e.g. The Holiday and Love Actually) then he’s definitely a keeper. Without even leaving the house, you could give him some inspiration for ways to show his affection this Christmas!

Firehouse

With its candles, mood lighting and buzzing atmosphere, firehouse is arguably one of the best date locations whether it’s Christmas or not. It is the perfect place to go for a chilled date either sharing or doing the firehouse challenge by trying to finish a pizza each. Although not Christmassy, their Sangria is not to be missed – it could even give you some liquid courage!

Christmas Markets

The obvious date destination this December is the Christmas Market on the Cathedral Green. It’s bigger than ever this year and whether you go with a long-term boyfriend or a first date it’s picturesque setting is perfect to get you both in the Christmas Sprit. There is nothing quite like carol singing filling the air and grabbing a mulled wine or hog roast to see you through browsing the stalls. The Christmas Market is perfect for a first date, it can be done rather quickly (it’s hardly Winter Wonderland) so if the date is a disaster then it’s pretty easy to escape and if it goes well you can plan a second activity such as drinks on the Cathedral.

Photo credits: weheartit.com, oldfirehouseexeter.co.uk, theexeterdaily.co.uk, assets6.heart.co.uk