This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

So, it’s almost end of term which means you’re already low on your student finance after all the Domino’s delivery and Chinese takeout. Not to mention the several shots and VKs that you downed on your nights out, instead of staying in catching up on work.

To make your bank balance worse, all the winter balls are approaching which means dress shopping and also Christmas shopping season has already begun.

But fear not, HCX has the perfect recipe for you, so you don’t need to survive next week off Pot Noodles. The following is a healthy, cheap and yummy recipe that takes only a few minutes to cook and can be customised to your liking.

Ingredients:

• Pasta (any kind) or Chickpeas, for a healthier option
  • Pesto
  • Avocado
  • Cucumber
  • Any other salads that you like

Method:

• Boil the pasta
  • Once the pasta is all boiled and ready, drain out the water and return the pot to the hob
  • On low heat, add in some pesto (depending on how flavourful you like it)
  • Scoop out some avocado and add that in. ( Not really an HCX recipe if there’s no avocado in it, is there?)
  • Add chopped cucumber and any other salad leaves of your choice.
  • Obviously, ganrish with some cheese, because you deserve!

And voila! There you have a delicious pesto pasta salad that won’t break the bank.

I am the Editor for Culture here at Her Campus Exeter. I love long walks (to the fridge, of course), and binge watching chick flicks. Mean Girls is my favourite movie and I quote it way more frequently than I should. I am a second year Law student trying to adult but occasionally failing at it.