Bae-cation: where to go this summer with your SO

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

With summer just around the corner, now is the ideal time to plan a spontaneous holiday with bae. Going away with a partner is an exciting and awesome experience, you feel very grown up and it’s fun getting out of your everyday routine. Obviously it can be a bit pricey, depending where you go, and does involve some organisation… But Her Campus Exeter is providing you with a go-to guide to your ultimate romantic getaway:

The City Break 

This is the perfect holiday for an adventurous couple, keen to see the sites and learn about a different culture. With a backpack and a map, you guys can travel around Europe relatively cheaply – airbnb is a girl’s best friend. Whether you’re eating tapas in Barcelona or downing Guiness in Dublin, a city break can be whatever you want it to be. Some cool cities to hit up are Budapest, Lisbon, Prague, Amsterdam and obviously the city of love, Paris.

Beach bound

To escape the lukewarmish temperature of the English summer, the obvious holiday decision for a more relaxed couple would be to go somewhere hot and spend each day lying by the pool and getting your yearly dose of Vitamin D. If you have the dollar to make the leap across the Atlantic, Florida and Mexico are idyllic for a week in the sun. But there are plenty of options over this side of the world – Sicily, Greece and Turkey have stunning beaches and are relatively cheap to get to.

Escape to the Countryside

If a holiday abroad is out of your budget then don’t panic, there are plenty of gorgeous and affordable places you can go to right here in the UK. Pack up the car and head down to the coast, the Cornish beaches will have you sunkissed in no time. St Loy’s, Land’s End and Polzeath are some of England’s best kept secrets.  There’s nothing cuter than a long romantic walk with your lover and if that’s not your thing, you can grab a board and try out surfing or paddle boarding. You could also head up north to the land of kilts – the Edinburgh Fringe takes place during the whole of August and you can see some of the best comedians, shows and concerts all for a very reasonable price.

Daytrips 

If your summer is already jam-packed with work experience and family vacays and you still wanna carve out some couple time, 24 hours is a whole lot of time to fill. Go to a concert or a comedy club in London, see the sites or even just go out for a posh meal. Getting dolled up and pretending you have more money than you do is secretly very thrilling.

Make the most of your summer, whatever your plans or bank statement, because it’ll be over before you know it.