This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

We have done all we can, we’ve scoured Tinder and searched frantically on night’s out in Unit 1, but it’s time to admit defeat and accept the truth; we are totally and completely single on Valentine’s Day,  and there is nothing we can do about it.

Here at HCX we are giving you a guide of how to spend V-day in the best way possible, as strong independent women, use this day to relax and pamper yourself.                                                                                                                                                  

The Valentine’s Day Schedule:

9am:

Wake up refreshed and ready to face the day. There’s no reason to feel mopey, grab your trainers and head to the gym. Kick start your summer body and make yourself energised for the rest of the day.

10.30am:

Throw on your cutest outfit and apply fresh and glowing make up.

11am:

Stroll to brunch with your friends, we recommend the Cosy Club or Bills for the perfect pancakes.

1pm:

After brunch, walk off your food with a bit of retail therapy; shops are beginning to bring in their Spring lines and why not indulge yourself, just think of the money you’re saving not having to buy a present or card for anyone? Urban outfitters are doing some lovely skirts in a variety of patterns perfect to wear with tights whilst it is still quite nippy outside.

4pm: 

About now you are probably nearing the limit on your card, so head to M&S before it closes and grab the Valentines Dine in For 2 – who says a bottle of wine has to be shared?

5pm:

Whilst your food is in the oven pop on a facemask and put some comfier clothes on.

7pm:   

Get a group of friends together, pass the wine around and put on a comedy (who wants to watch a stereotypical rom-com)?

10pm: 

By this time you are ready to crash, and after having a truly relaxing day you are feeling ready to face many more Valentine’s days; single and loving every second

Photo Credits:

orderinthischaos.wordpress.com 

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/382031980868709053/

Courtney Clarke is a junior at North Carolina State University. She is majoring in psychology and minoring in accounting. In her spare time she likes to read novels, write poetry, and talk with friends and family. Her interests include health/well-being, fashion, and blogging.