Upcoming Cornish Christmas Markets

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter Cornwall chapter.

It’s finally here folks, it’s the last week of term! Deadlines are coming to a close, and you’re already thinking about what you’ll be packing up in your suitcase to take home. You remind yourself to leave some room in your case for Christmas presents, and then you remember that you still need to get some shopping done. Have no fear, because local Christmas markets are here! 

1. Outlaw Christmas Market: Running Thursday 8th to Saturday 10th December, 10am-5pm on the Moor in Falmouth, it promises to showcase a wide range of local creators and businesses from around the area. 

2. Jubilee Wharf Christmas Market: This Saturday (10th December) there will be a Christmas market of around 30 stalls at Jubilee Wharf from 10am, located across the road from the bottom of Penryn high street. Muddy Beach Cafe will also be open all day serving hot food and drinks! 

3. Heligan’s First Christmas Fair: On Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th December, the Lost Gardens of Heligan will be hosting their first ever Christmas market, open 10am-4pm with a £2 entry fee including access to both the market and gardens. 

4. Hayle Christmas Market: Open Sunday 11th December from 10am, the market will be held on the Harbour, promising food, crafts and festivities! It’s a bit further afield, but you can get the train straight from Truro to Hayle fairly regularly. 

5. Truro Victorian Christmas Market: This famous market makes its grand return next week from Tuesday 13th to Sunday 18th December. Over 70 stalls will be housed under a giant heated marquee and decorated to replicate an old fashioned Victorian street! 

Kacey Gaylor

Exeter Cornwall '18

Hello, I'm Kacey and I'm your President for Her Campus Exeter-Cornwall! Also a third year English student at the University of Exeter's Penryn campus, so you'll find me in the back corner of the library behind a tower of books- just follow the scent of coffee...