The Reasons You Need Club I In Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter Cornwall chapter.

For those of you who don’t know, Club International is Falmouth’s only club. If you go to Uni here it’s pretty much guaranteed you will make at least one visit. Even though many claim to hate it, I have a funny feeling that it’s a guilty pleasure for most. Mainly for these reasons…

1) The amount of soap it takes to scrub off the stamp means University students here are bound to have the cleanest hands around.

2) You will come away from Uni knowing all of the lyrics to ‘Teenage Dirtbag’ and ‘Mr Brightside’. Now that’s something to put on your CV.

3) The thumping bass, questionable music taste, individual fashions and faint smell of sweat are all sure fine ways to remind you of your days in Halls.

4) You will be well practiced in climbing onto stages (or gracefully falling off of them.)

5) Your tolerance levels will increase dramatically. Think of how angry you were the first time somebody spilled a drink on you.

6) The short trek up the flight of stairs counts as your weekly exercise.

7) Nothing to wear? It’s Club I. Anything goes. Onesie night anyone?

8) It’s the nearest club to Subway. (It sells foot until 3am. In case you were wondering)

9) However much you like to think you will start going to the new kid in town instead- Vanilla- Club I will remain in your heart (and probably in the form of a stamp on your hand) for the near future. Or at least until 2am…

Emily Poole

Exeter Cornwall

History undergrad at the University of Exeter's Cornwall Campus. Love music, writing and trying to be funny in my spare time...