This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter Cornwall chapter.

Presented by Kitty Gubbins, Held at Mango’s, Church Street in Falmouth

Those words may either conjure up images of cool hipsters or pensioners. Either way, this is definitely worth a visit. If you’re like me in any way, you may feel a bit envious of the sheer amount of fashionable people that seem to pop up around town and on campus. But visit this flea market at Mango’s  with an open mind, and you’ll probably leave with an empty purse (coin purse for you uber hipsters). There’s a mass of quirky shirts, jumpers and dresses to find and although it may seem a bit daunting at first, the rails are definitely worth rifling through. Even if that does mean you get a few elbows in the side- violence does occur in the name of fashion (and Granddad jumpers in particular apparently).

If fashion (or sides with elbow shaped bruises) isn’t really your thing that doesn’t matter either as there are antiques, random nick- nacks and music worth looking at too. That or you can just pop to Subway near by while you wait for your friend/other half/sanity to find you.

Things are not always as priced either- if you fancy yourself a bargain hunter (no association with the TV programme intended) then go for it. Sellers are likely to appreciate your confidence. That or ask you to move on and question your choice of footwear. But whether you can gather up the motivation to barter or not, it’s likely you will come away with some great one of a kind finds. Saying that, don’t try too hard to be individual though hey? Soon there won’t be any students here, only ‘hipsters’…

(*Next market is on the 29th November from 12-5.30pm*)

Emily Poole

Exeter Cornwall

History undergrad at the University of Exeter's Cornwall Campus. Love music, writing and trying to be funny in my spare time...