Campus Celebrity: Louis Allen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter Cornwall chapter.

A round of applause ladies and gentleman, for our next Campus Celebrity: Louis Allen. Louis is a second year student studying History. He is also President of History Society and has lots of exciting plans for the year ahead; for instance he is aiming to organise a trip abroad at Easter, and a May Ball at the end of the summer term. Obviously History Society is the place to be this year!

Louis has been keeping himself occupied by making three films related to history and politics:

1.  ‘Falmouth and the Great War’: about people from Falmouth who gave their lives in the First World War.
  2. Louis and his team investigated the Scottish referendum, they made this film during the two weeks preceding the start of term in Scotland and interviewed key politicians to find out more about the debate and to see which way people would be voting.
  3. Finally ‘How the West Was Won’ is an ongoing project that began last October/November. It is about the 2015 general election which will be focused specifically on the 6 constituencies in Cornwall.

While Louis is busy with all these exciting project, he also enjoys having some time to relax. If the weather is good, Louis can often be found down at Gylly beach, or else somewhere in Falmouth with a beer in his hand! His favourite place in Falmouth is either his new house in town, or the Hand Bar because of its’ great beer and atmosphere.

When asked about his future aspirations Louis said that he wanted to keep his options open and make the most of any opportunities that come his way. He is considering doing a masters after third year, although at the moment he is primarily concerned with getting through second year! Look out for Louis around campus and form an orderly queue when asking for his autograph.

Kirsten Munday

Exeter Cornwall