diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

3 Ways to Liven Up Your Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter Cornwall chapter.

For most of us students – particularly for those of us in our third year – weekends are a time for reviewing the previous week and preparing for the week ahead. We plan our weekend according to how many hours you’ll spend in your library, and worry about how much reading we have to do. But, it’s also important to remember that in our busy academic schedules, weekends also provide us with a chance to revitalize and relax after a hard week’s work. However, it can be hard to step away from the books sometimes. If you find yourself stuck for ideas to fill up your weekends, here are some ideas!

1. Take a trip

All of us would like to visit our dream location or travel the world. This is, of course, if money permits. However, if you need a break from your studies, I find it’s always best to step out of your comfort zone and take a day trip somewhere? You don’t even have to leave Cornwall, as St Ives has proven quite popular for days trips amongst the student population. You could also branch out and take the train to Exeter or Plymouth for the day if you feel like it!

2. Go out for dinner

When we’re studying, sometimes meals fall a bit to the wayside, and we don’t really have the energy to do much when it later comes to making dinner for ourselves. This suggestion is, of course, to be taken into consideration with your budget, so you can always make food for yourself and have a friend over. But, if you feel like it, there are some great restaurants in Falmouth that you could always try out in order to liven up your mealtime routine.

3. Have a dance party/ a movie night

If you feel like staying home in your own room for the weekend, it’s a good idea to shake things up by having a little party by yourself (or with your housemates) or have a movie night. There are always great suggestions online, or you could make up one of your own. It’s always nice to get lost in the world of cinema or music in order to forget all the hard work you have to do, as well as all that’s coming in the week ahead. 

Molly Griffiths

Exeter Cornwall '18

I grew up in Paris but was born in Ireland to an Irish mother and a British father. I'm literally obsessed with movies and literature. I also love animals and discovering new things.