andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

What Every Girl Should Know About Dating

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

A Man Will Never Define Who You Are

It is so important to know and realize that you do not need a man to feel good about yourself. Always learn to love yourself before someone else. Take time to learn who you are and find your passions in life. Take time to dance, sing, and go out with your friends. Being able to enjoy the present and all life has to offer is an amazing thing.

Your Mom Really Does Know Best

I know especially in your teen years sometimes it can be hard to feel totally comfortable talking to your mom about your sex and love life but opening up to her will always help you in the end. She’s been there, and gone through all the feelings and situations that you might be going through now. Having that person with you through your fears and doubts is an immense help. My mom has the best boy radar and always knew when the boy I liked was going to be a good one for me or not. Now did I always listen to her? Of course not. But I do wish I did today because though I hate to admit, she was always right.

NEVER Ditch Your Friends

I don’t care how cute he is, your friends are the one who are going to pick you up when he’s not so cute and nice anymore. It’s crucial to keep an equal balance between spending time with your squad and family and spending time with your boyfriend. Stay true to the people in your life who you know will always be there for you. Spending all your time with one person can potentially cause a lot of unhealthy situations. So try your best to keep in touch and hang around all the loved ones in your life.

Don’t Chase After Anyone

If someone can’t see how amazing you are and you have to chase for their attention, then they are not worth it! Relationships are all about having a healthy balance between each other when it comes to anything including time, affection, effort, etc. You don’t want to be the one constantly putting in all the effort when you deserve to be loved and treated well just as much as anyone else. Get yourself a man who will shower you with love and all your wants and needs.

It’s Okay If You’re Not Feeling It

Sometimes there can be a lot of pressure to be with someone, or find the one. Someone may be very nice and into you, but sometimes you just don’t feel the same. If you want to leave a date, or cancel a date just go for it. You don’t have to put yourself through it just because you feel like you have to, or because you think you’ll look like an asshole. Always do you and do what’s best for you. If you have to work really hard to make things good, and you are self-sacrificing anything, it is not worth your time. Everything will work out naturally in the end and when the time is right. Just trust your gut!

If He EVER Makes You Feel Bad About Yourself LEAVE

If he says anything to you that makes you feel weird, sad, or uncomfortable then he doesn’t deserve to have you because you never deserve to feel that way. End of story.

If The Kissing Is Bad, The Rest Is Worse

If you two aren’t completely vibing when you’re kissing, you probably won’t love any of the other stuff to come. This is just basic knowledge, don’t feel bad about it. If Chad is slobbering all over you, you can’t “train” him, it’s just not going to work like that. I’m sorry girlfriend.