Reasons to Love Hallmark Christmas Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

If I told someone I only watch a couple Christmas movies during the holiday season, that would be a complete and total lie. Hallmark’s “Countdown to Christmas” is my absolute guilty pleasure. I could and sometimes do, binge watch my favorite Christmas movies all day long. What better way to get into the Christmas spirit than to make some hot chocolate, snuggle up on the couch with a warm blanket, and watch a Christmas classic next to a perfectly lit Christmas tree. I know I can’t be the only one who gushes over these cliché and cheesy movies, but if you’ve never experienced the “Countdown to Christmas” these are some reasons to join me in my obsession!

It gives us a fairy tale perfect ending that we all wish for ..

There is magic floating through the snow filled air and it seems as if anything is possible. Everyone’s hearts are hopeful and open to new love and experiences. Strangers fall in love at first sight, and Christmas miracles happen to just about anyone who believes. It makes you want to cuddle your loved one, and spend every second of the holiday with them. If you’re single it gives you hope by showing you that love can fall into your life when you least expect it. Every ending is so happy and cheesy, but it’s the type of fairy tale endings we all secretly desire and wish for.

Even though your parents told you Santa isn’t real, it sure makes you feel like he is ..

Every movie has their own take on where Kris Kringle lives and how the gift making works, but he always seems to be present somehow within the movies. Children will show their parents the magic in Christmas, and make them see that Santa is in fact real. The movies come up with every possible explanation to how Christmas happens. Seeing groups of all ages come together as a community celebrating christmas and believing in Santa makes you wish that’s how the real world was. All the magic and cheer brings you pure joy, even if it’s make believe.