The Human Behind: Humans of Endicott

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Name: Hayley McManus

Age/Year: 19/Freshman 

Major: Photography

Hometown: Stoughton, MA

Instagram: hayley_marie53

Tell me a little about yourself and why you chose to come to Endicott?

From the moment I stepped on this campus I fell in love. It was the cliche “I can feel myself here” moment that I had heard about many times, mostly from articles my mom sent me about how to choose the right college. I loved the arts building and they had a great photography program and the area around the campus is just so quaint. The scenery around here is gorgeous and just driving around made me feel at home. 

Do you have any plans for your future? If so, what are they?

This question gives me anxiety. I have no clue. I want to do something with photography obviously, but I don’t want to be just a photographer. I just really want to travel a lot. Also I’ll probably have like 50 dogs. 

What’s something unique about you?

I have this weird talent where when a certain songs play I can tell you which movie/tv show they were in and sometimes even the scene they played during. 

Are you involved or a part of any on campus groups or clubs?

I’m involved with theatre. It was the best decision I made, after my decision to go to school here of course. I love everyone who is a part of this theatre family and it’s always just so fun whenever we’re together. 

What’s something you want right now?

I really would like to be eating some moose tracks ice cream at this place near my house called Crescent Ridge, and watching the sun set over the pastures. 

Most interesting decoration in your room?

I have a picture framed and hung on my wall of all my hometown friends’ kiss prints.

Favorite sports team? 

Uhhh the Patriots!!!

What’s your favorite animal and why?

DOGS, but also horses because they’re so majestic and like gentle giants. But mostly dogs because they are too pure for this world. What did we to deserve them?

Dog or Cat person?

If you know me you already know the answer. I am a dog percent 100%. 

Dunks or Starbucks?

I effin’ love Dunks!

Favorite thing about Endicott? 

I just love the community atmosphere. I know thats a stereotypical thing to say, but it’s so true. 

Favorite song lyric?

Literally anything Taylor Swift sings. I’ll go with a lyric from All Too Well though because that song is a master piece: “you call me up again just to break me like a promise.

So casually cruel in the name of being honest”

Do you remember your senior quote from high school, and if so what was it?

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. ‘Where do you want to go?’ was his response. ‘I don’t know,’ Alice answered. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.”

What’s a favorite place that you have been?

I haven’t been to many places, but I went to Nashville, TN once and I really enjoyed the short time I spent there.  

Lastly, how do you like to spend your free time?

I frequently enjoy naps, but mostly just spending time with my friends. I love them a lot so any time with them is time well spent. 

I graduated from Endicott College with a B.S. in Marketing Communication and Advertising, with a minor in Photography. I am now attending Emerson College to attain my M.A. in Digital Marketing and Data Analytics. I love fashion, lifestyle, entertainment, social media, and photography! 
Just a girl who loves bread, exercise and traveling.