College Fashion Week: In Photography

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

We hopped on a train at LAX…just kidding…we took the train from Beverly into North Station to which started our adventure to College Fashion Week. We had lunch at a quaint little Italian restaurant called Maggiano’s. Our waiter, an older Scottish-Irish man, was the bomb.com. We all loved him, especially when we asked if we could have another bread basket and his response was “Of course you can, this is America goddamn it!” 

After our delicious lunch and to-die-for dessert we walked to the event which was held in a Boston night club, Royale. It was good we walked because we were all stuffed full of pasta, cheese, and various chocolate desserts so we needed to walk off the bloat. 

The fashion show itself was amazing and we were lucky to get a nice spot up at the front of the runway. I love how all the models were your average college age women. It added a real, authentic feel to the night. 

As the models walked the runway, we looked on with awe and wonder. They were just like us and it was refreshing to see that reflected on a runway. It was easy to tell they were thrilled to be on stage and maybe even slightly nervous. But this was a room filled with powerful women empowering other so they had all the support in the world. 

I quickly got out my camera, which I practically bring every where, and snapped some pics. I’m in love with lens glares and backlit photos where a beautiful halo forms around the subject’s head so I was in heaven the way the light was hitting the models. Each girl was wonderful and rocked the outfits so well. The florals section was my favorite as you can tell from the photos. I’m totally in for the new florals on everything trend right now. I’m really digging the floral embroidery on everything too. I loved the jumpsuits they’re wearing and envy them of their height. I wish I was tall enough to wear them, but alas I am short, so I will remain looking for that rare gem that fits my height perfectly. 

I graduated from Endicott College with a B.S. in Marketing Communication and Advertising, with a minor in Photography. I am now attending Emerson College to attain my M.A. in Digital Marketing and Data Analytics. I love fashion, lifestyle, entertainment, social media, and photography! 
Eva Graef

Endicott