This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

This Youtuber Recreates Ridiculous Recipes from TV and MoviesIn his YouTube series “Binging with Babish” Andrew Rea iconic meals from the big-screen in his kitchen at home.

If you’ve ever found yourself wondering what the food in the movies and on TV actually tastes like, Andrew Rea is here to give you some answers. Creating the most over the top recipes like, the burgers from Bob’s Burgers, or the “Foods of South Park”. Even a New York-style pizza inspired by Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Buddy’s breakfast dessert pasta from the movie Elf. Which if you want a quick inside scoop on Buddy’s breakfast, Rea described it as “the most disgusting thing, not only that I made for this show, but I’ve ever made in my entire life.”

Each one of Reas episode of Binging with Babish follows the same basic format. It starts with a clip from the TV show or movie in which the character makes the dish. That way even those who don’t rememeber or have no idea will be able to know. It then cuts back to Rea in the kitchen, ready to cook.

What I like most, more than just the end result, is his surprising and entertaining dedication. Not only does he make the food to match how it is made on the show but he prepares the dish exactly the same. In one episode where he makes the pasta sauce from Goodfellas, he even slices the cloves of garlic with a razor blade – just like Pauli does in the movie.

Maybe youre asking, who would ever even think to do this?

Well, he never started off thinking he wanted to try all of the food from his favorite movies and TV shows. “Really the project started as a food-lighting exercise,” explained Rea in an email. “I wanted to see how well I could shoot something in my apartment kitchen.” The food inspiration came next. “I had recently seen an episode of Parks and Recreation where a fancy-shmancy burger was described, and found myself wondering, as I often do, ‘What would that actually taste like?’ So I decided to give it a whirl.”

The best part?

He’s no professional chef, he’s a 100% self taught guy, who also lives by Gusteau’s mantra, ‘Anyone can cook,”. But Rea hopes that someday, with this project, he’ll be able to help other become as badass in the kitchen as he is. “The goal of the show has become to gain enough popularity to justify a Kickstarter, to fund a streaming series that aims to help viewers become better cooks.”

Go check him out! Maybe even request a dish from your favorite show and you never know! It might end up being his next video.

Eva Graef

Endicott

Just a girl who loves bread, exercise and traveling.