This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Best Ways To De-Stress

In a world full of stresses and constant to-do lists, everyone needs time to relax.

Remember not to feel guilty for turning down plans to put yourself first.

Mental health days, are the best days.

Power Down –

Turning off your phone takes you away from all the realities and drama of the real world. You won’t have that fear of missing out or anything to compare yourself to. Just focus on you and your day!

DIY Spa Day –

Make your bedroom and bathroom your own personal spa. First light a few of your favorite scented candles and play some of your favorite music or simply just relaxing tunes. Run a warm bath, adding some lavender bath salts for soothing any pains you may have. Maybe prepare a face mask for after, but just remember to pamper yourself because you deserve it!

Get Cozy & Crafty –

Settle down and snuggle up on your couch or bed, and turn on your guilty pleasure tv show or movie. Binge watch for however long you desire, and don’t even think about what you need to do later this week for work. Take out some paper or a coloring book to draw, color, and vent out whatever is bothering you.  

Pour a Glass of Wine –

Because hey, why not :)

Get Fresh Air –

Take a walk on the beach, your favorite farm trail, or downtown. Soak in all the sunshine, people watch if you enjoy, and just let your mind become at ease. If you’re feeling yourself, make it a run. Sometimes nothing feels better than feeling in shape, and active.

Dance Party –

Every day I say 30 second dance party, crank the music, and let out all my stress or anger by putting everything I have into a solo dance. Sometimes it’s a heartfelt singing song, a throwback, or head banger rock. The randomness and crazy dancing is bound to make you laugh, I’m not going to lie it makes my roommate laugh as well. If you decide you’re completely loving this take it a step further, no judgment here. Dance around in your underwear and grab a hairbrush as a microphone. Never feel silly about letting loose!

Start That Project You’ve Put Off –

Whether it’s a new recipe, organizing your closet, or beginning a new passion just go for it. Do something different and productive to make you smile or feel accomplished. If you feel crafty but are unsure of what to do, look on Pinterest and I’m sure you will find a new project.