6 Fashion Trends to Rock on Campus this Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Whether you’ve finally decided to put in some effort into your Monday 8am class look or you’re getting ready for a crazy Saturday night, be sure to add these six pieces to your fall wardrobe.

1. Open Backs

Tops and dresses with open backs were all over fashion week this year. Get that hair up into a high pony and let those shoulders and neck do the work. Whether you decide to stay conservative and choose a piece that exposes the top half of your back, or go all the way and let it hang lower. This is the perfect opportunity for an Instagram pic of you looking back over your shoulder to the camera. 

2.  Jean Skirts

All of a sudden, EVERYONE on campus is suddenly wearing light wash jean skirts. Paired with some converse or sandals, this piece is easy to dress up for the weekend or down for class. Who knew they’d become this popular again after the 90s and 2000s? Let’s just hope the cropped legging under the jean skirt trend doesn’t make its way back too. 

3. Off the Shoulder Shirts

These came into girls’ wardrobes last spring, but this trend has snuck its way into this semester as well. This fall is all about exposing the neck and shoulders, so you might want to invest in a $15 sticky bras from Target.

4. Velvet

Velvet is BACK! Whether it be a top, jacket, skirt, or shoes, get yourself a good velvet piece. Not only is it fun to rub your hands on when you get bored, but it’s also a super soft and comfortable material that’ll take you right back to your Christmas dress days from when you were six. 

5. Slip Dresses

Fun, flowy, strappy dresses have pushed bodycon dresses aside this season. Go for a black silk dress with spaghetti straps over the skin tight pencil dress next time you’re at the mall. Pair that with some trendy heels with an ankle strap and you’ll be golden.

6. Red

Red was the color of fashion week this year. It was everywhere. It has been officially declared the fall color this year! So go out and buy something red, whether it be a jacket, top, shoes, or skirt. While you’re at it, it doesn’t hurt to listen to Taylor Swift’s “Red” album again  too just to put you in the fall mood.

Born and raised in Maine. Sophomore. Marketing Communications major. Endicott College Dance Team.
Eva Graef

Endicott