This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

With the weather turning steadily colder the way it is, I find myself dressing more for comfort than I usually tend to. This generally means that I’m throwing on my looser clothing items, be it oversized sweaters or a pair of boyfriend jeans. Luckily, these things are both on-trend and it got me thinking – menswear! From structured, stylish (flat) shoes, to crisp white shirts, there are a ton of clothing articles we can shamelessly borrow from our male counterparts. And if we’re being honest, “menswear” is really just a term for everything that’s oversized and more comfortable.

Blazers

A regular blazer pulls any outfit together, but falling down past your waistline, a boyfriend blazer takes it an extra mile. Throwing on an oversized blazer with any outfit instantly adds a sense of ease and polish to any ensemble. They’re comfortable and allow for more movement than a tailored blazer does (I never seem to be able to fully raise my arms with those), but are just as chic.

Oxfords (Shirts)

Typically men’s (semi-)formal wear, oxfords make for an effortless, casual, and utterly fashionable outfit on women. Whether you’re tucking it into a skirt or wearing it loosely over a pair of jeans, an oxford will always look put-together and just a touch disheveled (but in all the best ways). Take it just a step further and try wearing an especially oversized one with nothing underneath – you’ll be fully covered, comfortable, and yet devastatingly sexy.

Boyfriend Jeans

Ah, everyone’s favorite. They feel like sweatpants and look like jeans. I, for one, could not think of anything better. Boyfriend jeans work with virtually anything, whether you’re going for the overall loose-fitting look (think: boyfriend jeans with oversized sweaters), or for a more polished, girly look with heels and a tighter top. There really are endless ways to rock a pair of boyfriend jeans and I urge you to try them all. Seriously, once you own a pair you’ll never want to take them off anyway.

Tuxedo Pants

Another great way to be comfortable and look stylish at the same time. These, like boyfriend jeans, are a loose-fit pant, and generally have a vertical stripe running up each pant leg. They’re endlessly flattering and a great staple to have in your closet, as they can be dressed up or down. Throw on a sweater and flats for class, or heels and an embellished top for a trip to Buckhead. Whichever way you decide to wear them, you’ll look amazing.

Oxfords (Shoes)

Not to be confused with Oxfords (Shirts). These babies are a fantastic alternative for when your flats are just feeling a bit passé, especially before boot season really hits it big. Oxfords are a great way to put a finishing touch on an already great outfit and they, too, go with almost everything. Whether you’re wearing skinnies, boyfriend jeans, or a dress with tights, oxfords will always round out the outfit with the perfect amount of boyish and style. They come in virtually any shape, texture and color, meaning anyone can find a pair they like, be it in patent leather, pony hair, leopard print, or platform.

Also, notice how a lot of these looks combine multiple menswear items to pull together a seamless, effortless look. Don’t be afraid to mix-and-match and trust me, when you’re slumped down in your chair in your comfortable outfit and still getting compliments, you’ll be thanking me! 

Her Campus at Emory University