Winter in Hot-lanta: How to Get Into the Holiday Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

With Thanksgiving approaching, it’s time to get into the holiday mood. However, it’s hard to get into the mood when its still 80 degrees outside! In light of this tragedy, here are five ways to fix this problem.

1.) Get hot chocolate from Rise-n-Dine

Let’s face it, it’s disheartening that we still overheat when we order hot drinks. Its already November, come on! The hot chocolate from Rise-n-Dine eases the pain, especially if you are in the mood for a hot holiday drink. Rise-n-Dine’s air-conditioning makes this possible and your taste buds will be pleased!

2.) Get a group of friends and have a holiday movie marathon!

There is no better way of getting into the holiday mood than by watching festive and uplifting movies with friends. Have a night in (which we all need before finals), get some popcorn and more hot chocolate, and enjoy!

3.) Secret Santa with friends

Presents get everyone in the holiday spirit! Get a group of your friends, use Elfster (a gift exchange generator), set a price maximum, and have some fun choosing the perfect gift for your friend!

4.) Indoor Ice-Skating

It doesn’t have to be cold outside to go ice-skating. Atlanta has many indoor ice-skating rinks such as Center Ice Arena and Marietta Ice Center. Hopefully you will forget about the Hotlanta weather for an hour or two!

5.) Decorate holiday cookies

Let’s face it, we all have a sweet tooth. Tired of the DUC cookies? Pick up some slice and bake cookie dough, cookie cutters, and red and green icing to make your own holiday themed cookies! This is a fun and delicious way to get into the holiday spirit.

So there you have it! Here are 5 ways to get into the holiday spirit while it’s still warm out. 

editor/writer
Her Campus at Emory University