Who Wears Short Shorts?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Figuring out what to wear at the beginning of the semester can be a daunting task. You don’t want to wear a tight skirt and top every night, especially if you are just going to the Row and Mags, but showing up in plain shorts and a top isn’t an exciting option, either. Shorts, though, are appropriate nightwear apparel for the early fall months, especially since it is still warm out and your legs are still tan from summer. Cute jean shorts with a flowy top and wedges look great at night, but why not spice up the look with patterned shorts and crazy heels?

Try a pair of Aztec-printed shorts from Blonde & Blonde with a black top, tan belt, and these killer cut-out wedges from Dolce Vita (available at Polyvore), or a more feminine ensemble with flowered high-waisted shorts (like these from motelrocks.com), a tie-shirt, and nude wedges. Jeffrey Campbell also makes amazing pairs of intricately embroidered and edged wedges that will spice up shorts. Have fun with basics!

Jessica lives her life at several speeds. She talks too fast, eats too slow and over-analyzes too much.  When she’s not telling long-winded stories, sitting alone at the dinner table, or staring off into space, Jessica loves all things creative. Screenwriter, play director and poet at age 9, songwriter and choreographer at age 16, now, at 23, all she really wants to do is write, help others, and post Instagrams.  As a social media coordinator for multiple fashion brands, and a post-grad writer for Her Campus, she gets to do just that. Jessica is a Midwestern girl from the suburbs of Chicago, but she fell in love with city living during a summer internship in the Big Apple, and now calls NYC home. Jessica loves chocolate milkshakes, dance parties, Chippewa Ranch Camp, Friends re-runs, Chuck Bass and of course, spending time with her fans (read: family and friends).