Which Shoes to Wear in the Warmer Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

While we have all enjoyed the 60-70 degree winter here in Atlanta, spring and summer are quickly approaching and it’s time to officially switch our wardrobes. One of my favorite things to shop for is shoes since they can completely transform an outfit. Here are some great spring and summer options for shoes that can spice up any closet: 

1. Rebecca Minkoff Emery Denim Slingback Sandals ($110)

These Rebecca Minkoff sandals are absolutely adorable with any outfit! They are perfect to wear to class, on a casual evening out, and if paired with the right dress or formal attire, can even dress up a look in the summer time. I definitely want to get my hands on a pair of these. 

2. Coach Summers Sandal ($145)

These black Coach sandals are timeless. They can dress up a casual romper or shirt/shorts combo and can also be worn with a nicer outfit. The strap around the ankle adds an extra detail that elevates the sandals from just a plain slip-on. 

3. Sam Edelman Issa Pompom Espadrilles ($120)

I am obsessed with these espadrilles!! I love the bright color and the fringe/pompom detail on the front! These will go with everything you wear and will add the perfect amount of color, especially if you’re like me and only wear neutral colors (black on black). 

4. Vince Kamuto Kyah Platform Slip-Ons ($100)

Slip-on shoes are lazy and super cute at the same time. You’re able to just easily slip your feet into them while effortlessly looking fashionable, and these shoes do the trick. The two toned coloring as well as the scaled pattern make them perfect for the warmer weather, and you’ll be the envy of all your friends!

I hope these shoes have given you inspiration to mix up your spring and summer wardrobe and maybe even go out and get some of these shoes for yourself! Happy shopping!

Her Campus at Emory University