Top Ten: Awards Season So Far

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

I think we can all agree that awards season is the best time of year. Tina & Amy hosting the Golden Globes, the hilarious drunk celebs, droolworthy man crushes, and of course the red carpet. The Oscars aren’t until March this year but there have already been plenty of gorgeous dresses. It was hard to pick a top ten. 

Lupita Nyong’o – Golden Globes

This gorgeous crimson hued Ralph Lauren gown complimented Lupita’s flawless skin and the understated Fred Leighton bling was the perfect accessory.

Margot Robbie – Golden Globes

The Aussie beauty was sophisticated and stunning in this bejeweled Gucci gown.

Emma Watson- Golden Globes

Our favorite witch’s Dior dress wasn’t that exciting from the front but when she turned around to show the completely exposed back…genius!

Zoe Saldana – Golden Globes

One of my favorite red carpet risk takers did not disappoint in this Prabal Gurung frock. The mixed materials just worked.

Lupita Nyong’o – Critic’s Choice Awards

Back for more in a custom-made Calvin Klein Collection dress, Lupita was on point with the cut-out trend

Sandra Bullock – Critic’s Choice Awards

Sandra became a “Top Ten” contender when she paired this simple tiered Lanvin dress with a sun motif belt that cinched her tiny waist.

Margot Robbie – Critic’s Choice Awards

Leo’s on-screen wifey stunned in this black, lace Elie Saab jumpsuit.

Iggy Azalea – Grammy’s

Usually one to be more daring than demure, Iggy glammed it up in this Elie Saab intricate confection.

Taylor Swift – Grammy’s 

After comparing her Gucci gown to chain-metal, I think it’s safe to say T-Swift’s the most beautiful knight to ever hit the red carpet.

Chrissy Teigen – Grammy’s

John Legend’s supermodel wife looked seriously glam in this gold sequinned Johanna Johnson number.

Can’t wait to see what’s in store for the Oscars! More “Top Ten” lists to come…

Her Campus at Emory University