The Top Instagrams Every Emory Student Needs to Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

What with the selfie rage taking over our generation, we often think it’s safe to say that Instagram is definitely one of the more superficial social media platforms around. But, get this: every month, 100,000,000 unique visitors log on to Instagram, eager to jump right on the bandwagon! And for good reason—there are handles out there with pictures worth a thousand words (which is more than Twitter can say after all) that serve to amaze and inspire. So, it’s really just a matter of following the right handles. That’s where I come in to help. Below, you can click on the Instagram handles to see their profiles!

Top Emory Handles:

1. @emoryuniversity

First of all, isn’t it just a given that you have to follow your own school’s Instagram account?  It’s the perfect way to stay updated on what’s happening on and around campus. And, as a bonus, if you’re looking to increase the number of followers you have, your photographs might even be featured by them! After all, we’ve all got to stay on top of that Insta game…

2. @Photoclubemory

“Photo club Emory. Improving student’s Instagram feeds since 2015.” No, this isn’t their motto—it’s just the truth. And, since they exist for the purpose of taking aesthetically pleasing photos, you can rest assured that the quality of your feed will improve.

3. @emoryadmission

That’s right: Emory undergraduates can be selective about which Emory handle they want to follow! #Getexcited to be an active follower of the greatest moments on campus and hey, maybe you’ll even get involved with them!

4. @active_minds_emory

Although they’ve only just started out on Instagram, their Insta skills are definitely #onpoint. Follow them for some visually stunning images while simultaneously staying aware and informed about mental health on campus.

5. @ourspaceourhome

The funny thing about nature is that we see it every day, but yet we never really notice it. That holds true, especially at Emory, until someone photographs it and puts it up on Instagram. After all, who can ignore an artsy photo with a ton of likes? Here’s your chance to connect with all the beauty that surrounds you.

Top ATL Handles

1. @weloveatl

An Instagram handle that features pictures from the greatest Instagram handles in the ATL. Doesn’t that make it the greatest?

2. @the_atl_aaron

This co-founder of @weloveatl sure knows how to photograph the ‘feels!’ 

3. @a_t_l_a_n_t_a

Living at Emory doesn’t give you an accurate idea of what Atlanta really looks like. There’s no need to step out though, because these guys excel at capturing the ATL skyline if you’re too busy studying to go see it yourself.

4. @2ndlightphotography

Looking at this handle will leave you a little confused: does he take whole photograph and display it in parts? Or, does he photograph the parts to make it whole? Follow him for a somewhat unusual yet aesthetic display of photographs.

5. @bear_atl

“Pics or it didn’t happen.” Here’s an Instagrammer with a belief that every moment must be captured, and not just in memory. Frequent Instagramming sure makes for a great follow!

There you have it – the greatest Instagram handles in and around Atlanta. As one of the most dynamic social media platforms with hashtags, location tags, followers, and more, it can add a lot of value to you—as a person, as well as to your brand. At the end of the day it’s safe to say, Instagram matters.

And of course, follow us at @hercampusemory—because promoting oneself never gets old.

Her Campus at Emory University