Top Five Valentine’s Day Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

With Valentine’s Day approaching, the pressure is on: it’s time to find an acceptable date or, my personal favorite, plan the best girls’ night. In planning this night, movies are a must. So, here’s a list of the top five Valentine’s Day movies that will make you laugh, cry, and eat lots of chocolate.

1. Valentine’s Day is a go-to. I say this not only because of its name, but also because of the intertwining break-up and make-up plotlines that make this movie so easy to relate to. It’s a fun, perfectly lighthearted, and easy movie for what can be a not-so-perfect and lighthearted day.

2. Some might say I’ve gotten my holidays confused, but Love Actually is a great one. It’s set during Christmas time, so this movie puts everyone in an especially good mood. It’s a sweet and comical movie that will make you and all your friends want to find the perfect British man.

3. If you have ever had that awkward tension with a best friend, No Strings Attached is your movie. It’s cute and engaging, and watching Ashton Kutcher for 1 hour and 50 minutes never hurts.

4. When Harry Met Sally is a classic; it’s the true OG of rom-coms. It is a funny and heartwarming story about two best friends falling in love. It will bring a smile to your face and erase any negative feelings about Valentine’s Day.

5. Last but not least, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days! I am a fan of this movie because for once the female lead is the one in control. Kate Hudson is fun and funny which makes for not a single dull moment throughout the movie. I would rate this 10 out of 10!

Now go out, buy some chocolate and popcorn, and get excited to have the perfect Valentine’s Day movie marathon. Whether you’re with a date or with your friends, these movies will make your day a whole lot better!

editor/writer
Her Campus at Emory University