This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

With finals just around the corner, many girls feel the urge to grab the closest pair of sweatpants, slip on a pair of converse, and head to the lib. Personally, I feel I can accomplish more when I’m still dressed in a cute outfit. Here are a few ways to stay comfortable and be chic: 

Wearing a silky white t-shirt and your favorite pair of boyfriend jeans allows you to still be comfy. These looser jeans still allow you to slouch in your favorite chair while studying away. Pairing this outfit with a tan leather jacket and navy flats adds a bit of color to this simpler outfit, allowing you to still look put together. Because you may be spending the entire day in the library, it’s a good idea to bring a jacket for when it is chilly at night. 

There are days when leggings are the token study apparel. I think feeling relaxed while in your clothes can help reduce stress. You can still move while wearing this light long sleeve shirt and jean vest and sandals. Wearing a necklace with bold colors brightens this outfit. 

Don’t underestimate that cute white-t shirt and your favorite pair of jean shorts. This outfit serves as the perfect canvas for a chunky scarf! Paired with Toms, you are ready to buckle down. Since the temperature in the library can be unpredictable, you can always take off the scarf when it gets too hot.

Happy studying! 

Her Campus at Emory University