This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

While scrolling through fashion blogs and reading magazines, I noticed that shearling seems to be super popular this season. It’s showing up in so many different pieces, aside from jackets, and this makes me super excited! Shearling is amazing; I can’t believe I have yet to include this super soft, cozy, warm fabric in my wardrobe. It has suede on one side and fur on the other side of the fabric. Don’t worry if real fur isn’t your thing because there are plenty of faux-shearling alternatives that still look amazing. Here are 6 fabulous shearling items that you definitely need to think about purchasing this season:

(1)  Faux-Shearling Vest: Two by Vince Camuto makes this vintage moto styled vest that feels and looks like real shearling, while still remaining vegan. The faux-shearling has a warm, cozy feel inside, but the jacket has a relaxed generous fit so that you can still layer underneath it. ($199)

(2)  Quilted Jacket: Barbour, the British fashion brand best known for the waxed-cotton jackets, also makes a classic Clearway Quilted Jacket with a faux shearling lining. The stand-up collar and the removable hood are lined with faux-shearling, adding to the cozy appeal of the jacket. ($329)

(3)  Shearling Jacket: Piperlime Collection’s Coated Shearling Jacket is complete with a faux-shearling collar and lining. This moto inspired jacket is also made from vegan leather. ($89.97)

(4)  Mini Shearling Bag: Loeffler Randal’s versatile Rider bag is now available in shearling! This mini satchel is sure to make a fashion statement with the combination of wool + leather + shearling in one beautiful bag. ($425)

(5)  Ankle Boots: Vince’s Cody Suede Boots are even extra amazing with their shearling lining. The addition of shearling in these short boots assures that your feet will stay nice and toasty. ($395)

(6)  Trapper Hat: Club Monaco’s Zelphia Trapper Hat is a fun accent to any outfit and a sure way to make sure your head + ears are shielded from the cold. It even has shearling pompoms at the end! ($249.50)

Her Campus at Emory University