Satisfy Your Inner Wanderlust in the Peach State

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Everyone loves traveling, and those who don’t, I think, really aren’t truly living. The great thing about traveling is the excitement that encompasses you like a warm blanket and the wonder you experience as you encounter new cultures, structures, and places. However, as college students, we sometimes don’t have the means to travel. And, by sometimes, I mean most of the time. Am I right?. Other times, we don’t have enough time to visit a country properly. Don’t fret, my friends, because I have found places in Georgia that will satisfy your inner wanderlust.

Cumberland Island

Photo courtesy of cabinbluff.com.

Think beautiful beaches, amazing views, and, best of all, wild horses. Imagine you’re toasting marshmallows on a fire, or better yet, munching on an apple when out of nowhere you feel something licking your shoulder and maybe even eating your hair. You tense, because, holy crap, this better not be Jean-Baptiste Grenouille about to kill you (side note: for those of you who don’t know who he is, look up “perfume: story of a murderer” and watch the video). So, slowly but surely, with your heart in your throat, you start to turn around when BAM! There’s a horse right in your face, munching on your hair like it’s some type of spaghetti. I mean isn’t it kick you in the crotch, spit on your neck fantastic?

Driftwood Beach

Photo courtesy of villasbythesearesort.com.

I swear, not all the places I’ll recommend are beaches. It’s just that these were so beautiful, I had to add them to the list. When I think of Driftwood Beach, I think of a Hallmark movie. I mean, I should probably write to the producers and tell them this would be a beautiful place to film. Driftwood Beach is one of the most picturesque places I’ve ever seen. I mean, forget about Fiji; just go to Driftwood Beach! LOL. No. But either way, it would account for a nice Insta picture, so everyone should go.

Big Canoe

Photo courtesy of canoeclassic.com.

Two words: ROCK SLIDE. I mean, what?! It’s a sign, people — a sign from a higher power telling us to live our lives, strut out in our swimsuits, and throw ourselves from a NATURE-MADE rock slide. Honestly, when I saw it, I couldn’t quite believe it. I recommend this place for those active individuals who wish to live their lives with no RAGRETS—the adventurers, the truth seekers, those who potty in the wild with no second thoughts (kidding, they have bathrooms here… or do they?).

This concludes my post for today. There are so many other places in Georgia everyone should visit, such as Tallulah Falls, Callaway Botanical Gardens, Savannah, etc. The above are just a few of many, and I wholeheartedly recommend you go.

Her Campus at Emory University