This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Feeling overwhelmed? Finals haven’t even started! But, I know you might get a nervous stomach even thinking about your final schedule and all that you have to do before then (or even procrastinate doing).

To help relieve your nerves and help you be productive (when you want to be) here are some tips to reduce all your anxiety before and during finals!

First, you must always remember some essential things to bring to the library with you.

Yummy snacks are a must! But more importantly so is brain food, because we all need a little help sometimes getting into the groove. So, good snacks like carrots, granola bars, fruit (regular or dried) and even some healthy crackers will help motivate and make studying a little less painful. Also, you can’t forget coffee, so make sure to stop by Pete’s if you are in the library. With this being said, once at Pete’s, treat yourself to a croissant, or one of those big cookies in the display, because lets be real, calories don’t matter during finals anyway!

In addition, headphones are a definite for the library. Pump up music is the best motivation and even a way for a quick brain break after staring at your textbook for an hour (or sometimes even a few minutes).

After leaving the library, which is actually encouraged as a break, there are a few things you can do to help rewind and recharge. I would recommend hitting the gym, talking a walk or even just sitting outside in the sun. A little warmth never hurt!

If you are in the mood for some relaxation, a manicure (or a pedicure) is never a bad idea.  Fun nails, a nice hand massage and a change of scenery will boost your mood and your mental health.

I totally get it if you are not into all that, so maybe you want to go shopping and be a little more adventurous. Lennox Mall is the place to go, but if you are not down for such a far trip, hit up Emory Point and the shops there. If you need a break while in the library, an easy distraction  (and my favorite) is online shopping! Just try not to get too carried away.

Lastly, a little sleep never hurt! Napping is my absolute favorite stress reliever and study break. Personally, I recommend napping for around 20-30 minutes just to get a little energy boost. But also, a good nights sleep is the best cure to a long day of studying.

Hopefully these tips will help you stay focused and happy during finals! Remember, they are just tests and not the biggest deal in the whole world. You will survive!

Her Campus at Emory University