This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.
Meet this week’s Campus Cutie, Melissa!

Full Name: Melissa Jane Dunkley
Major: International Business, concentrating in Finance
Hometown: Edinburgh, Scotland
Extracurricular Activities: Emory Club Field Hockey
Relationship Status: Single
Greek Affiliation: N/A

Her Campus Emory (HCE): Describe yourself in five words.
Melissa: Happy, laid-back, excitable, ambitious and gullible.

HCE: What is your favorite kind of music to listen to? Who are your favorite artists?
Melissa: Honestly, anything—I just go on Spotify and pick the first playlist that catches my eye. Right now, I’m listening to a lot of Dance and R&B, but I’m totally partial to a good throwback playlist.

HCE: If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Melissa: This question is genuinely too difficult for me to answer—I love trying new foods so this would be impossible for me. Having said that, my life would be really sad without avocado.

HCE: If you could have dinner with any famous person, dead or alive, who would it be?
Melissa: Abraham Lincoln.

HCE: Describe your ideal weekend.
Melissa: Busy! Brunch would definitely happen at some point, and I’d probably try to go out a few times. I’d also try and explore some cool places in Atlanta to make the most of my time here since I’m on exchange—so far, my favorite spots have been the Beltline and Ponce City Market.

HCE: What are three ways a person can win your heart?
Melissa: By being adventurous and traveling with me, making me laugh a lot, and getting excited about good food with me.

HCE: What’s the worst pick up line you’ve ever heard?
Melissa: “Wow, you’re hotter than my daughter.”

HCE: What is your pet peeve?
Melissa: People who chew with their mouth open.

HCE: What has been your biggest accomplishment during your time at Emory?
Melissa: Aside from this…meeting so many cool people. Even though I’ve only been here for a year, I’m glad that I can say I’ve made so many great friends and I can’t wait to come back and visit everyone next year!

HCE: If you could ask your future self one question, what would it be?
Melissa: Honestly, I probably wouldn’t want to ask anything. I wouldn’t want to ruin the surprise of what’s to come.
Her Campus at Emory University