emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Literary Holiday Gifts for Fashion Lovers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

The most magical time of the year is approaching! Sure, you may want the new Gucci slippers for Hanukkah, but trust me, there are gifts out there more valuable than the newest arrival at Barney’s: books! Chock-full of information, advice, and inspiration, books can help you in so many ways. This holiday season, skip the slippers and give your fashion lover friend a book. Here are four books invaluable for anyone interested in fashion:

1. Grace: A Memoir

Amazon $21.34

If you’ve heard of Grace Coddington, you know that she’s the real deal. She’s the creative director of Vogue and an absolute icon, so make sure to wrap this up nicely!

2. D.V.

Amazon, $14.53

This is an absolutely must-have autobiography. Diane Vreeland, fashion editor of Harper’s Bazaar, editor-in-chief of Vogue, and renowned socialite, shaped the world of haute couture in the mid-1900s. A definite stocking stuffer. 

3. #GIRLBOSS

Amazon, $15.13

Nasty Gal–a mixing pot of vintage chanel, sequins, and leather jackets–is one of my favorite shopping sites, and this books talks about the woman behind it, Sophia Amoruso, who has come a long way to make the company what it is today. It’s the perfect gift for a Secret Santa exchange!

4. Man Repeller: Seeking Love. Finding Overalls. 

Amazon, $19.95

Leandra Medine is one of the most influential, well-known bloggers today. Your fashion lover friend will surely appreciate all the humor and advice the original Man Repeller has to offer. 

​Happy shopping, to all my fashion lovers out there!

Sophomore from New York City at Emory University
Her Campus at Emory University