Jessica Krugman and Danielle Wolfe (both ’14), presidents of JHealth

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Interested in medicine or public health? Meet Jessica and Dani, both seniors and the presidents of JHealth, a student organization for those who are interested in pursuing careers in these fields. Learn more about their involvement, the organization’s philanthropic accomplishments, and how you can participate! 

Her Campus Emory (HCE): What is JHealth? 

Dani Wolfe (DW): The Tritt and Oppenheimer JHealth Leadership Institute (JHealth) is a student-run organization composed of pre-med, pre-nursing, and public health students supported by Emory Hillel. As an organization, we participate in a plethora of health-related activities, including public health advocacy, community service, and leadership training. We also have healthcare professionals lead roundtable discussions to learn more about their field.

HCE: How did you become involved? 

DW:  As a freshman interested in pursuing medicine, I applied to become a member of JHealth online via the Emory Hillel website.

Jessica Krugman (JK): As a freshman, I was looking to get involved in extracurricular activities that meshed with my interests in a career in medicine. I saw the table at Wonderful Wednesday and was immediately interested. A junior in my sorority was also a member of the club and talked about all the highlights on JHealth, including a panel with doctors, nurses and medical professionals and the myriad of volunteer work JHealth participates in. From there, I filled out the application by referral of my friend.

HCE: What are some of your accomplishments this past year?

DW: We have had a fantastic year thus far. Some of our philanthropic involvements include volunteering at the Ronald McDonald House and Healing Spaces. Additionally, we partnered with Emory Students for Israel (ESI) to raise over $700 for Save A Child’s Heart. We have also had an Emory School of Medicine admissions officer come to visit our group and practice interview questions.

HCE: What are some of your goals for the upcoming year? 

DW: We still have more involvements planned for the rest of the semester. The first week in April was our annual event dedicated to breast cancer research, Breast Week Ever. We also will be participating in the Healing Spaces room renovation for a child with cancer in late April. 

HCE: How can students become involved?

DW: Students can become involved by applying online through the Emory Hillel Website. We will be uploading a link to the application shortly. To learn more about JHealth, feel free to email either Jessica (jkrugma@emory.edu) or me (danielle.wolfe@emory.edu) and please visit: http://www.emoryhillel.org/jhealth.html

Her Campus at Emory University