This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Thanksgiving has passed and it’s officially winter, which means it’s time to stay warm. My favorite way to do this is to wrap myself in a bundle of sweaters and throw on my favorite faux-fur coat. Fur is so on-trend right now, which is great, because it’s not only warm and comfortable, but fashionable. Sounds like a win-win to me.

If you want to get your toes wet in the world of fur before jumping into the deep end, start with some fur accents. A coat with a fur collar or fur cuffs is endlessly fashionable and easy to wear, as the fur is built in to your winter coat already. Try a camel or a black for a classic look, or colors if you’re willing to try something out of the box.

An alternative to fur collars are fur scarves. They’re soft enough to comfortably bury your nose in when it’s freezing and most importantly, they’re incredibly chic. They’re a great way to take an outfit to the next level. Plus, they’re more versatile than a collar on a coat because you can switch it between coats, and even just wear them with sweaters, even indoors.

If you want to get more wear out of your fur pieces, a fur vest is a great investment to make. They can be a bit pricy, but you’ll wear it all the time and it’ll last a long time. They’re a great transition between fall and winter and have great added warmth under your winter coat. A neutral color fur vest is the best way to go, as it’ll match with absolutely everything in your closet.

If you’re willing to go the full nine yards, go with a fur coat. They’re warm, fluffy, and beautiful and will turn heads wherever you go. They definitely make a statement and feel so luxurious, you’ll never want to wear anything else. You can go with a short-hair or long-hair version, but make sure not to wear them out when it’s raining!

But remember, stay faux! Think of the animals. 

Her Campus at Emory University