This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

One of the most exciting parts of beginning college is decorating your new dorm room. It’s a completely blank slate, ready for you to make it your own. Sometimes we post pictures on Facebook and Instagram to show off our decorating skills, but this week there’s an even better opportunity- Emory Residence Life and Housing is holding a room-decorating contest for first-year students! It’s called #HOWRADISYOURPAD, and you can win great prizes, in addition to the satisfaction of winning, of course. There are many categories, so everyone’s style will fit in somewhere.

Here are the options:

·      Best School Spirit

·      Most Eco Friendly

·      Best Room Overall

·      Most Creative

·      Best Single Room

·      Best Double Room

A panel of judges will select finalists, and the finalists’ rooms will be posted on the Emory ResLife Facebook page, where students can vote for their favorites. Winners will receive a variety of cool prizes such as gift cards to the Emory bookstore.

This is an awesome opportunity to showcase your decorating handiwork, so enter your room by this Friday, September 19th, at 12pm!

For more details on the rules and to enter the contest, click here:

http://www.emory.edu/HOUSING/contest

Her Campus at Emory University