How to Incorporate Cheetah Print Into Your Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

If you’re like me when it comes to clothes, you tend to stick with what you know looks good on you. For me, that’s basically neutrals and black. I can always count on an all black outfit to get me through the day. 

But with fall quickly approaching, it’s the perfect time to change up your wardrobe and try new pieces that you wouldn’t before. I did this a few years ago with animal print, and I fell in love. Cheetah is now a staple in my closet. However, for those of you who aren’t so comfortable with wearing flashy animal print clothing, there are ways to slowly incorporate cheetah print into your outfits without looking like Snooki from Jersey Shore. 

Sunglasses

The pop of cheetah on these sunglasses adds the perfect amount of flair without being too overbearing. You can look as fierce as Beyoncé does. 

Scarves

A cheetah scarf can spice up any casual outfit without looking like you’re trying too hard. To others, you look super chic and ready for the day.

Flats

I must say, I’m a HUGE fan of animal print flats. My favorite flats that I own are cheetah print, and I wear them with everything. You would think they wouldn’t go with most outfits, but for some reason they basically match most other prints you’re wearing. You don’t only have to wear them with neutrals or basics; they look amazing with any outfit, dress or pants, casual or fancy. 

Purses

I LOVE purses; I think they can really define an outfit. A purse with a pop of cheetah print will really enhance an outfit and take it to another level of sophistication. I think women always look chic and in trend when they have purses that deviate from the norm, and this Tory Burch one definitely does!

Headbands

Funky headbands are my favorite way to accessorize an outfit. My favorite headband that I own is my cheetah one from Forever 21 (which I believe has the best assortment of headbands), and I love wearing it. I do, however, usually wear it when I have jeans and a black top on, but you can wear them with basically any solid colored shirt. Headbands are a little more on the adventurous side, so try headbands after you’ve already eased yourself into wearing animal print with the other items. 

I hope this has inspired some of you to step outside of your wardrobe comfort zone, and take some cheetah risks. Trust me, once you start, you’ll never want to stop!

Her Campus at Emory University