How to Brave Winter Weather in Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

When the weather gets colder, the frequency of Uggs and sweatpants increases. However, colder temperatures do not mean you have to sacrifice style! Brave the weather with class and surprise your friends by dressing super-chic. Instead of Uggs and sweatpants, try Chelsea boots and jeans. Opt for a neutral turtleneck next class—not the tee shirt you wore to bed the night before. When stepping outside this winter, make sure you’re wearing a warm coat that fits the situation. Here are three types of coats to help you keep warm while looking cool.

FUR:

Perfect for a night out or a walk down 5th Avenue, the fur coat is the ultimate statement piece. Celebrities like Kate Moss and Rihanna frequently sport the furry frock that cause pedestrians to do a double take.

PARKA:

Necessary for extreme temperatures, the parka is suited to keep you extra toasty. The parka is usually trimmed with fur and lengthened down to the knees giving you that signature chilly-yet-chic look.

LONG KNIT:

Whether you’re wearing it to your early morning class or to a coffee date, the knit coat is made for everyone. It’s comfy like a cardigan but structured enough to brave the lower temperatures.

Sophomore from New York City at Emory University
Her Campus at Emory University