This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Excitement, fear, happiness, and nostalgia fill the air as graduation is almost a month away. Whether you’re the one up for graduation, or it’s your loved one or sibling who’s graduating, it will be an emotional time of year. Emotions aside, if you’re attending graduation you know it’s going to be a weekend long photoshoot, so you’ll definitely want to look your best. 

If you’re the graduate, it’s not hard to find a dress to match Emory’s black graduation gowns. Choose a style that reflects your transition from college student to a working adult. Off the shoulder styles are cute, but they’re probably not the most comfortable to wear with the robe. You want a style that will look great popping out of the gown during the ceremony itself and great on its own during your graduation parties later on in the day. Here a few perfect dresses for your special day.

lulus.com

Lulus Quite Spectacular Midi Dress ($54)

revolve.com

Privacy Please Ozark Dress ($138)

If your sibling or significant other is graduating, you luckily aren’t as limited to finding a dress that’s comfortable to wear underneath the graduation gown. You need an outfit that you’ll be comfortable sitting in for hours and is weather appropriate. It’s important to remember that graduation is an event filled with deans, professors, grandparents, and parents and your outfit needs to be appropriate. Choose something cute, but comfy. Don’t feel the need to be limited to a dress or skirt and blouse. Try a jumpsuit! 

revolve.com

EI8GHT DREAMS Ruffle Jumpsuit ($209)

shopbop.com

Moon River Cold Shoulder Dress ($80)

Whether you decide to take a risk or stick to a timeless choice, be sure to remember to take in this life-changing event. If you’re graduating, you did it! Your hard work these past work years has paid off. If your sibling is graduating, let them have the spotlight, show them your support, and show them how proud you are. If you’re significant other is graduating, choose to focus mainly on their achievements instead of how their graduation affects your relationship. This is their day. No matter what you wear, don’t forget a comfortable pair of shoes to help you make it through the day. 

Currently a sophomore at Emory University studying Art History. You can follow her on her Instagram @anyashik.
Her Campus at Emory University